Wednesday 2 December 2009

I need a bloody umbrella, ella, ella...


Last weekend while in Paris with my beau, I got into the fight of all fights. And before you ask, it had nothing to do with me having to kick a girl’s ass over who got the last size eight, but with my umbrella!

Yes, there I was trying my damndest to look all Parisian chic and my umbrella thought it would be hilarious to play tag team with the weather and beat me to a pulp, in front of the Eiffel Tower and then continue the beatdown to the Champs-Élysées. The shame!

Which brings me to the question, why considering that I live in a country renowned for its monarchy, cups of tea, Mary Poppins and lest we forget, good old-fashioned rain do I not have a decent umbrella, ella, ella, ey, ey, ey?

You see, all my previous umbrellas have died an untimely death. I had one that broke in half on the way to the tube; another that just blew away and then the unfortunate one that poked a pedestrian in the eye, only for it to "fall" to its death in the Regents Canal.

But, I have spotted a brolly that looks like it may stand the test of time and make those dreary days just that little bit more bearable – Lulu Guinness’ see through birdcage umbrella.


The good news is its super stylish, a snip at £28 and will go with absolutely everything that I own. The downside, as with everything amazing, it’s sold out! However, the lovely people at Anne of Loudonville told me that I could get one, but I have to go on a waiting list. Yep, you heard right, I'm on a waiting list for an umbrella! I don't know whether to feel privileged or lame for even contemplating it. I think I'll go for the former.

No comments:

Post a Comment